I was delighted to be able to host The Museums Computer Groups spring event ‘Engaging Visitors through Play’ at University of Ulster in partnership with The Centre for Media Research in June. I’ve spent the last 3 years travelling the world researching digital best practice in museums so it was a real treat to be able to invite some of my favourite people to come to Belfast and share the brilliant work they are doing. The great thing about running digital events is that lots of delegates write blog posts about their key take aways, below is a list of some of those posts.
- Event blogger Mairead Quinn’s Engaging Visitors Through Play
- Museums Association ‘Game on’ by Mia Ridge
- Maeve O’Brien’s Digitising Information in the online era… 21st Century Plath!
- Alex Moseley’s Engaging Visitors Through Play | MOERG: Games & Social Networks in Education
- Mia’s talk notes ‘Digital challenges, digital opportunities’ at MCGPlay, Belfast
- Mia’s event notes ‘Engaging Visitors Through Play’ – the Museums Computer Group in Belfast (re-posted by the Museums Association, above)
- Museum Games: Dishes Best Served to Order references some themes from the event
- MCGPlay Flickr photo pool
- Tweets for #MCGPlay
- Alex Moseley has kindly shared the game he created for this event with the MCG community, you can find out how to play ‘Curate a Fact’ and download his game cards to run it yourself.
You can see the event programme here >> and some great photos here >>